The Legion Athletic Camp is located in the International Peace Garden on the border between Canada and the United States; Manitoba Hwy 10 and North Dakota Hwy 3.
Housing and Meals
Athletes attending the camp will be housed in dormitories with assignments being made Sunday afternoon at check in. All meals will be served in the Lodge.
Contact at International Peace Garden
For contact information, see our "Communicating with Us" page.
Each athlete must furnish his or her own sheets, blankets, pillow. A sleeping bag is an excellent alternative.
One or two pairs of worn (not brand new) running or training shoes, shorts, sweat shirts, T-shirts, pencil or pen, a sunhat or cap and many pairs of athletic socks.
Suggested Items to Bring
Toilet articles, towels and washcloths, necessary changes of clothing, rain coat, camera, sun glasses, suntan lotion, safety pins, and a few coat hangers. Due to the spreading of the West Nile Virus, it is strongly advised to bring adequate mosquito repellent.
Camp Store and Bank
- Camp Store: Post cards, always popular Legion Athletic Camp, T-shirts, jackets, towels, shorts, cameras, film, souvenirs, etc. will be available for purchase from the Camp Store.
- Bank Service: We provide a banking service for athletes who bring money to camp. You are strongly advised to use this service. Camp is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- Lockers: Lockers are available in some dorms. Locks are not provided by the Camp.
Athlete's Information 2018
1. DINING ROOM
At the Lodge.
Note: Athletes must wear shoes, shorts/sweats, and shirts.
2. BANK - STORE - CANTEEN
Store and Bank hours will be posted.
Our canteen, the Norwester, is open twice a day. Money can be withdrawn daily as required. We provide a banking service for athletes who bring money to camp. You are strongly advised to use this service.
Note: The Camp is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
Lockers are available in some dorms.
Note: Locks are not provided by the Camp.
Our store carries athletic wearing apparel. These items are, of course, available for all athletes for purchase during the camp:
- Training suits
- Athletic Leisure Wear
- T-shirts caps
3. FIRST AID SERVICE CENTRE
Hours will be posted.
Athletes should report to their coaches and dorm deans prior to leaving a training session if health attention is required.
4. GENERAL INFORMATION
- Use paths to sports venues - do not hitchhike.
- Please do not litter any area - use the refuse pails provided.
- Dormitory rules will be explained and posted
- Lights out is at 10:30 pm.
- Dorm Deans - are in each dorm to assist you. They can answer most of the questions and help you with problems.
- No smoking, drinking and illegal drugs anywhere in camp area.
- Lost & found articles located in the store.
- Athletes are expected to keep the dormitories clean at all times. A general clean-up will follow breakfast and a daily inspection will follow.
- Credit cards and ATM cards not accepted.
- Wear hats, sunscreen and mosquito repellent at all times.
- Do not bring cell phones to Camp. MTS and US PAYPHONES are available in the Camp
Outgoing mail must be in the mailbox in the office by 9:00 a.m. Your address at camp is:
LEGION ATHLETIC CAMP
BOISSEVAIN, MB., R0K 0E0
Note: Mail may be picked up at the store after supper each day. Check for your name on posted list.